Certified Bitcoin professional & International Blockchain expert
Faculty, Jindal Global Law School
Shikha Mehra, a certified Bitcoin professional and co-founder of MainChain Research & Consulting, is a prominent figure in the Blockchain and Crypto Currency network. She's on the advisory panel to IMAI’s (Internet Mobile Association of India) subcommittee on crypto currency and blockchain. As a subject expert, she is actively involved in the international crypto-ecosystem as a writer and speaker, engaging with businesses, users and revenue officials on the conceptual, technological and regulatory evolution of Crypto Currencies and the underlying Distributed Ledger Technology.
Shikha is a member of a global multi-stakeholder committee – a joint collaboration between Vienna University, Austria and NET (new economy taxation) which explores how businesses and tax administrations around the world are reacting to and managing the disruptive effect of new and emerging business models and Blockchain technology in Asia.
Prior to this, Shikha had 3-years’ experience in corporate law practice and policy work
at the IICA (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs).
Shikha holds degrees in Bachelor of Economics and Physics at the University of Pennsylvania; as well as LLB and LLM from the Jindal Global Law School, specializing in Tax Law.
Recent EngagementsGovernment, Parliamentary & Industry Bodies:
- State Duma of the Russian Federation: ‘Promises & Perils of Cryptocurrencies’, Dec 2017
- OECD Roundtable on Digital Financial Assets & the OECD Roundtable on Responsible Tax and the Digital Economy, Paris, July 2018
- Wilton Park Dialogue: ‘Tax & Blockchain’, Nov 2017 (Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK Government)
- Start-up Festival on Future of Money & Inside Fintech: ‘Blockchain & Identity Management’, Seoul, Dec 2017 (inaugurated by the South Korean President)
- European Financial Market Symposium: ‘Central Bank Digital Currencies & Monetary Policies’, Austria, August 2018
- Digital Symposium, Singapore Aug 2017 (organized by the former director, Centre for Tax Policy, OECD)
- FICCI YFLO , Blockchain Event, Delhi, Oct 2018
- International Tax Conference, Mumbai, Dec 2017
- India Digital Summit organized by Internet & Mobile Association of India, Delhi, Jan 2018
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) India, Apr 2018
- IFA conference in Mauritius on Crypto Currencies: Financial Crimes & Regulatory Landscape, May 2017 and May 2018
Retail Investors & Business Platforms
- VALUEx Kazakhastan, presentation on “Primitive Monies, Blockchain & Nash Equilibrium” , April 2018
- YPO Delhi / YPO Bangalore / EO Delhi Chapter Events, April 2017 – Feb 2018
- Avendus Wealth Management Investor Presentations, Mar 2018
- Rotary, Southend Next - Delhi Chapter, Jan 2018
Training Workshops Conducted
- Learning Seminar for Indian Chambers of Commerce (Young Leaders Forum), Mar 2018
- Training Seminar for S.P. Jain University (Mumbai), March, 2018
- Learning Series conducted for the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI), Feb 2018
- Vivekananda International Foundation: Director, Mr. Arvind Gupta (former deputy NSA), Jan 2018
- Tax training on GST to State Civil Service Officers in India & at the CII (Confederation of Indian Industries), Nov 2017
- CBEI –Central Bureau of Economic Intelligence, Nov 2017
Links to her presentations, interviews and papers can be found at:
Megha Ansal (Co-Founder)
Megha has completed her undergraduate degree at the Wharton Business School specializing in Finance & Accounting. She has worked with Goldman Sachs, NY in their Investment Banking division and more recently has extensively worked in the Real Estate Development space in India.