Shikha Mehra (Co-Founder)
After pursuing her undergraduate degree in Economics and Physics at the University of Pennsylvania, Shikha completed her LLB and LLM from the Jindal Global Law School, specializing in Tax Law.
After a 3-year stint in corporate law practice and policy work at the IICA (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs), she now holds a faculty position at Jindal Global Law School, designing and delivering courses on Tax and Property Law. She has also been actively speaking and writing on topics such as taxation in the digital economy and application of OECD (BEPS) guidelines to the Indian context. She is an active speaker and trainer with recent engagements including tax training on GST to State Civil Service Officers in India & at the CII (Confederation of Indian Industries).
Shikha, a Certified Bitcoin Professional and co-founder of MainChain, Research & Consulting is a prominent figure in the Blockchain & Crypto Currency network. She's on the advisory panel to IMAI’s (Internet Mobile Association of India) subcommittee on crypto currency and Blockchain. She is also part of a global multi-stakeholder committee; a joint collaboration between Vienna University, Austria and NET (new economy taxation) which explores how businesses and tax administrations around the world are reacting to and managing the disruptive effect of new and emerging business models and Blockchain technology in Asia. As subject expert, she is actively involved in the crypto-ecosystem as a writer and speaker, engaging with businesses, consumers and revenue officials on the conceptual, technological and regulatory evolution of Crypto Currencies and the underlying Distributed Ledger Technology.
Recent Speaker Assignments
- Asked to speak at the International Fiscal Association (IFA) – India, April – 2018
- Invited to VALUEx Kazakhastan to make a presentation on Primitive Monies, Blockchain & Nash Equilibrium, to a group of elite value investors interested in emerging economies, April - 2018
- Learning Seminar for Indian Chambers of Commerce (Young Leaders Forum), March – 2018
- India Digital Summit organized by Internet & Mobile Association of India as a speaker on CrpytoCON, Jan 2018
- Only Indian to be invited by the Russian Parliament, advising on the promises and perils of crypto currencies and its regulation at the State Duma of the Russian Federation, Dec-2017
- International Tax Conference in Mumbai organized by FIT (Prof Roy Rohatgi), IBFD, Amsterdam & OECD, Paris, Dec-2017
- Rising Media conference and spoke on ‘Blockchain for identity Management’ & at the Inside Fintech, a Start-up Festival on ‘Future of Money’ in Seoul inaugurated by the South Korean President, Dec 2017
- Wilton Park Dialogue: ‘Tax Capacity Building for Tomorrow.’ First Indian to be invited by the UK Government (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) to talk on Tax & Blockchain, Nov 2017
- Digital Symposium in Singapore organized by Prof Jeff Owens (Ex-director of Centre for Tax Policy, OECD), Aug 2017
- IFA conference in Mauritius on Crypto Currencies: Financial Crimes & Regulatory Landscape, May 2017
Retail Investors & Business Platforms
- Invited by Avendus Wealth Management for Investor Presentations to select clients, March - 2018
- YPO Delhi Chapter Event, Blockchain & Bitcoins, Feb-2018
- Rotary, Southend Next - Delhi Chapter, Jan-2018
- YPO Bangalore Learning Event (Rated 9.4), Oct-2017
Training Workshops Conducted
- Training Seminar for S.P. Jain University (Mumbai), March, 2018
- Learning Series conducted for the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI), Feb 2018
- Vivekananda International Foundation: Director, Mr. Arvind Gupta (former deputy NSA), Jan 2018
- CBEI –Central Bureau of Economic Intelligence, Nov 2017
- IFA Study Circle –Charted Accountants & Indian Revenue Officials, July 2017
Links to her presentations, interviews and papers can be found at:
Megha Ansal (Co-Founder)
Megha has completed her undergraduate degree at the Wharton Business School specializing in Finance & Accounting. She has worked with Goldman Sachs, NY in their Investment Banking division and more recently has extensively worked in the Real Estate Development space in India.